Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Describing me to a T

I was reading A Confederacy of Dunces, by John Kennedy Toole, this morning and came upon this quote:
"When Fortuna spins you downward, go out to a movie and get more out of life. Ignatius was about to say this to himself; then he remembered that he went to the movies almost every night, no matter which way Fortuna was spinning."

I don't go to the movies every night, but I generally watch one everyday while by myself. But I'm not sure this is how once would get more out life. More like getting more out of people's fictional lives. This book is more different than any other I've read so far. The characters are so absurd one must continue reading, though the plot is slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment