Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, August 7, 2009

Night at the Museum 2: Battle of the Smithsonian

Year: 2009
Genre: Family Sci-Fi and Fantasy
Length: 105 minutes
Merut's Grade: C+

I enjoyed the original movie, so I thought I'd go see the sequel at the $1.25 theater. I'm so glad that is all I paid. While it continues to play on the same spoofs, with the miniature cowboys and roman soldiers, the museum pieces being stuck in their period, and the saving of the museum pieces, the jokes are sometimes forced and overdone. Kahmunrah is a strange character. While his lisp is meant to be funny, it eventually got on my nerves. I could hardly understand what Amelia Earhart was saying most of the time because of their emphasis on period jargon. While it provided cheap thrills, I hope they do not make another.


No comments:

Post a Comment