Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, August 7, 2009

A Night at the Opera


Year: 1935
Genre: Classic Comedies
Length: 92 minutes
Merut's Grade: B

This is the first Marx Brothers comedy I have ever seen, and I am pleasantly surprised. Before watching this movie, I was under the assumption that the Marx Brothers were just stupid comedy. However, I happen to like Groucho best, because of his quick wit and cleverness. Each member of the Marx Brothers provides a different form of comedy. Harpo's silent physical humour made me laugh out loud a few times. He has classic facial expressions. The opera itself is a little annoying. It also reminded me how good comedy can be clean, simple, and straightforward. Back to the basics.



No comments:

Post a Comment