Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Julie and Julia

Year: 2009
Genre: Dramas Based on Real Life
Length: 123 minutes
Merut's Grade: B+

Today I needed a pick me up, so I went to the Megaplex theater in Salt Lake City, and splurged $5 to see this new movie. First, about the theater. As soon as I went to the cashier to pay, he flipped his computer screen around towards me and said, "Pick your seat. The green ones are the available ones." Apparently I haven't been to a quality movie theater in a long time. I did not realize that now they have seating arrangements. Next, I used the potty and found, to my delight, the most efficient hand dryers. These suckers will actually blow the wetness off your hands. No more wiping of your pants.

The movie itself was your typical picker-upper. I sometimes tend to enjoy these, even when they are somewhat predictable. Before this I was unfamiliar with Julia Child. She seems a little awkward to me, but I did watch some of her videos on youtube yesterday; they were quite entertaining. This movie, while a little long, makes you leave the theater with a sense of empowerment; I want to do something so outrageous just to prove it to myself that I can. I could totally relate to the main character's need of direction and purpose. I'll be in a sorry state when I come home to unemployment in September. The movie also made me want to try and conquer my fear and dislike of onions, but I'm not quite there yet. Anyways, mostly the movie made me crave food.



No comments:

Post a Comment