Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, August 14, 2009

Next book on my list. . . .

The Shining, by Stephen King. Anytime I go into Barnes in Noble to look for a book it is always a crapshoot as to what I'll walk out with. Today I walked out with The Shining, and War and Peace. A random pairing you may say. I am a random person, so this makes sense.

I am currently staring at
The Shining, asking myself, "Why? What compelled you? You know you hate this book!" A few years ago, probably in high school, I tried to read it. My dad and my brother both recommended it to me. I started to, but even before the part where they move to the hotel, the boy was having dreams and seeing "REDRUM". I knew it was all downhill from there (big surprise), and I quit. The other two King books I read (Salem's Lot, and The Dark Half) were not so bad, in fact, they sort of bored me. However, The Shining is different, because it is somewhat plausible. And that scares the crap out of me.

So I was in Barnes and Noble, saw this horrible book, and decided I should conquer my fear. After all, it will only cost me $7.99, provided I survive with my life. But this whole day it has been lurking like an evil calling in the back of my mind. I'm going to start it tonight. I'll let you know how it goes.

I have seen the movie, but I was not paying attention. So I'm still a virgin to the plot.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the comment over on my blog - my dog does put up with a lot, but she gets a lot in return. :)

    I haven't read The Shining, but I thoroughly enjoyed The Stand and The Dark Tower Series by King.

    ReplyDelete